GE XL44 Self Clean Oven Fault Codes
|F0 - F1 - F7||Stuck keypad may mean relay is turned on.||Determine if problem
is with the Key Panel or Control by:
1. Pushing CLEAR/OFF pad.
2. Disconnecting Ribbon Cable from control and waiting at least 32 seconds to see if Code recurs
If code recurs, problem is in the control. Replace control.
If code does not recur, problem is with the Key Panel.
Note: Also see fan thermal switches
oven is over temperature in one of the following modes within
either a cooking or clean mode of operation.
· Control senses oven temperature above 650 degrees F with the door circuit in the unlock mode.
· Control senses oven temperature above 935 degrees F with the door in the locked mode.
· Stalled cooling fan or airflow problem.
Look for welded relay
contacts. (Heating elements on in off mode).
· Look for open thermal switch in lock motor circuit. Switch is normally closed and will open if area overheats due to fan not operating. Look for cause - fan thermal switch not closing, fan stalled, etc.
· Look for high resistance in the oven temperature sensor circuit due to high contact resistance (poor terminal crimp, deformed terminals, loose connection) or intermittent solder joint on control or intermittent oven temperature sensor.
· Look for electrical noise interference in the oven temperature sensor circuit (Ham radio, cordless phone, etc.).
|F3 - F4||Open oven temperature
sensor (circuit) (over 2700 ohms) or, shorted oven temperature
sensor. Could be a result of:
· contamination on terminals
· pinched wire in oven temperature sensor circuit
· cold solder joint on control.
Disconnect power to range
and remove oven temperature sensor connector from control.
· Measure oven temperature sensor resistance at oven temperature sensor connector (take care not to damage terminals in block) - Should read 1100 ohms at room temperature (approx 72 degrees F).
· Measure each oven temperature sensor lead from connector block to ground. If shorted, look for pinched or cut wire in oven temperature sensor circuit.
· Check connector terminals - Look for deformed or corrosion on terminals. Repair or replace.
If all above is ok replace control.
|F5||Relay safety circuit failure||·
Check oven temperature sensor circuit for intermittent
· Check lock circuit
· Press Clear/Off and reprogram control. If code reappears, replace control
Note: If all above check OK the F5 code can be a result of a momentary loss of power (Do NOT replace control or lock, check lock circuit)
|FC||Problem with door lock circuit such as pinched wires between control and door lock switches on motorized lock circuits.||Check wiring and test operation of switches.|
|FD||Shorted meat probe
Note: Problem can be with the probe or receptacle or meat probe circuit.
Check probe. Resistance should be 30k ohms to 50k
ohms at room temperature.
· Look for pinched wire.
· Look for condensation or contamination of receptacle or nearby installation.
|FF||Loss of door motor safety circuit||Replace control|