Seven Ways To Conserve Water
Water conservation is a huge part of saving money and energy around the home, check out these seven tips for conserving water.
- Low-flow shower heads â€“ According to the EPA, standard shower heads use roughly 4.5 gallons of water a minute. That means for every ten-minute shower taken, 45 gallons of water are used! Installing a low-flow shower head is a quick, easy and inexpensive way to save thousands of gallons of water every year. Low-flow shower heads range from two and a half gallons a minute down to one gallon of water a minute. This could cut your water consumption during a ten-minute shower down to only 25 gallons or less depending on what model you choose! Some of these shower heads can be rather expensive; however, we found low-flow shower heads online for under $15.
- Faucet aerators â€“ Faucet aerators introduce air into the water coming out of the faucet and reduce the flow of water. This reduces the amount of water used while the faucet is on and it also ensures that the water pressure is not compromised in doing this. Installing faucet aerators can reduce a faucet water usage from around two gallons a minute to one gallon or less a minute.
- Turn off the water when you arenâ€™t using it â€“ Donâ€™t let the water run while you are brushing your teeth or shaving. If you need to rinse your razor while shaving, fill the sink or a cup or bowl with water and use that instead of running water the whole time.
- Convert your toilet to low-flush â€“ You can easily convert your toilet to a low-flush toilet by using a water bottle filled with pebbles or sand to displace some of the water. Ensure the cap is screwed on to the water bottle tightly before placing it into the tank. It is also important to make sure the toilet still flushes correctly after the water bottle is in position. If more water is needed use a smaller water bottle.
- Use a high efficiency washing machine â€“ High efficiency washers use about half the amount of water a regular washing machine uses and (equally important) they clean clothes just as well as a regular washing machine.
- Only run dishwashers and washing machines with full loads in them â€“ Running the dishwasher with only a few plates in it or using the washing machine for only a few items of clothing is very wasteful. Wait until your dishwasher is full and wear your second favorite shirt while your laundry builds up a bit.
- Be a greener gardener â€“ Read our tips about how to be greener gardener. Keeping your lawn and landscaping healthy will go a long way toward minimizing the need for frequent watering.
Remember, RepairClinic has millions of parts available for same-day shipping with a 365-day return policy.