Maintenance tips for your
The vacuum cleaner makes it easy to quickly remove dust, dirt and other particles from carpets and floors. Regular maintenance will keep it running well.
How does a vacuum cleaner work?
How It Works: Vacuum Cleaners
How to care for your vacuum cleaner
Upright and canister vacuum cleaners:
1. Periodically clean the brushroll
Remove carpet strings, hair and other debris from the brushroll. Debris buildup on the brushroll will cause the vacuum cleaner to have to work harder and may lead to problems.
2. Replace the bag or empty the tank before it's completely full
3. Replace the return air filter, if equipped on your model, once per year
Central vacuum cleaners:
1. At least two or three times a year, empty the canister before it is completely full
2. Replace the filter, if equipped, once a year. If there is no filter, clean the screen each time the canister is emptied